photo 250pxSpace_zps8e4cfb32.png photo 30pxSpace_zpsc3f9d72a.png photo 30pxSpace_zpsc3f9d72a.png photo 30pxSpace_zpsc3f9d72a.png photo 250pxSpace_zps8e4cfb32.png

Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Big Apple

My first couple of weeks in the city have been busy ones! Everything here is incredibly fast-paced, which I love. There is always something to do, someplace to be, and someone to be there with. I definitely miss the lush greenery from back home, but at least there is Central Park for when I need my dose of nature. Even though you can see skyscrapers peeking in over the trees, it's the closest thing to being back home in a park.



Having completed two weeks of work, I've had a chance to settle in and begin understanding the inner workings of the financial industry and J.P. Morgan itself. Since starting, the biggest thing that has made my internship enjoyable is the people that I am around. Each person whom I have met within the company has been extraordinarily welcoming, kind, and patiently answers the dozens of questions I ask each day. I have received genuine advice from many of them and have never once felt like "just an intern" while being here. The company culture is truly something to fall in love with.